Following an inspection of the venue this afternoon Thursday), it is with great regret that we have to advise that we have no option but to cancel this weekend’s Barbon Hillclimb.
There has been an unusually high volume of rain over the past few days which has resulted in the paddock becoming substantially waterlogged. Despite there being no further rain forecast until after the event, it is clear that the ground conditions will not recover sufficiently by Friday evening / Saturday morning to allow competing cars and their attendant vehicles, trailers etc to safely negotiate the paddock. Frustratingly, the course itself is in near perfect condition.
We have no doubt that you will share our disappointment at having to cancel and we can only apologise for making the announcement so close to the event, but we had hoped that things might improve in time to allow the meeting to go ahead.